Pro GIF Universal Update History
- Improves the editor GIF recorder feature, now supports both in the Editor and runtime App. Rename it to ColdelessProGifRecorder and add some more useful functions and dynamic parameters for flexible setup in the scene.
- Scriptable Render Pipeline: The recorder will no longer force reset the camera ViewportRect width & height to 1.
- Pro GIF Universal now supports multi-threaded decode for multiple GIFs. How: set the decoder option enum to "ProGif_MultiThreaded" in the method PGif.iSetAdvancedPlayerDecodeSettings(decoderOption...)
- Adds a script(ProGifPlayerHandler) for setting up player targets for codeless playing GIFs(with a new demo scene included: ProGifDemo_3DSceneUGUI).
- Adds a new PlayerComponent(ProGifPlayerTexture2D) that without UI/Renderer target, which only returns the current played Texture2D for handling by yourself.
- Avoids unnecessary resources unload process, thus leave the main thread smoother.
- Decoder bugfixes.
- Improves the recorder component to create better transparent GIFs, provides with a new demo scene(ProGifDemo_TransparentSetupExample).
- Updates MobileMedia Plugin to support iOS 14 and newer by adding new permission handling method and new media picker. Plus some fixes & improvements for both Android and iOS.
- MobileMedia Plugin updates:
workaround for the storage permission issue on Android10.
- Updates MobileMediaPlugin to v1.1.8.
- Minor fixes.
- Recorder: Fixes an issue that transparent background color not completely removed on the edge of non-transparent pixels. Yet, some dots or the border that causes during texture scaling may still appear(transparent GIF only).
- Fixes some issues about the OnEditorGifRecorder editor tools, adds hotkeys, and OnGUI control panel for recording GIF.
- Recorder transparent feature bug fixes and improvements (stable and better function).
- Backward compatible with .NET version below 4.x. Now supports .NET 2.0/Subset, 3.5, 4.0 and newer versions.
- Encoder now supports multithreading which greatly increases the encoding speed on platforms that support multithreading.
- Fixes a build error in the Mobile Media Plugin demo script, when building desktop apps.
- Fixes the "inconsistent line endings" warning in some scripts.
- Adds a variable (float: playbackSpeed) for controlling the gif player playback speed at runtime.
- Adds a default interval to prevent using the incorrectly set delay time when playing some GIFs (a rare issue found in some GIFs on the Internet).
- Fixes a bug regarding the incorrect playback speed issue when the GIF player GameObject is back from in-active state.
- Fixes a problem that the GIF player playback speed is slightly delayed each frame.
- Updates Mobile Media Plugin to v1.1.6.
- Handles the deprecated/obsolete APIs for different Unity versions.
- Fixes the bug happens in the GIF player component when the ignoreTimeScale mode is enabled.
- Giphy example improvements.
- Updates the Json Tool And API Helpers package.
- Updates the MobileMedia Plugin.
- Some other improvements.
- Adds a better solution for Reverse mode and Ping-pong mode GIF creation.
- Adds faster APIs for getting GIF spec info(frame count, fps, resolution, etc.), without decode any GIF frame.
- Supports Scriptable Render Pipeline (LWRP/HDRP). Please refer to the Readme document Part 2 > Setup for Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP): LWRP/HDRP
- Improves the OnEditorGifRecorder GIF screenshot feature.
- Minor fixes.
- Pro GIF + New decoder core functions (Pro GIF Version 3 decoder).
- Up to 15 times faster than V1 and around 50% faster than V2. Better supports interlaced GIFs.